Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Late Nite Lounge Vol. 8 – Slow jams by Dino and Gutto

GuttoThe Late Nite Lounge series is one of my favorite features in this blog and maybe one of the only ones I’ve been able to keep relatively current. So it’s with a sense of some fulfillment and a big smile on my face that I share with you the last LNL installment of 2009. In the spotlight is my new favorite Lusophone R&B artist, Dino, as well as a veteran of Portugal’s hip-hop and later R&B movement, Gutto.

As promised, Dino & The Soulmotion is back with the song “O Nomeado II” featuring Angela Pais’ crystalline voice and a laid-back, late night, slow dance vibe and, halfway through the song, a soulful electric guitar for a mesmerizing effect. Dino shares the spotlight with “Eu Imaginei”, a Gutto and Boss AC collaboration featuring in Gutto’s first solo effort and R&B album completed after he left the pioneering Portuguese hip-hop band Black Company. It went on to become one of the most popular tracks of the album across the Lusophone world.

O Nomeado II
Eu Imaginei

Dá-me sempre muito prazer poder escrever a série Late Nite Lounge, e por acaso tem sido dos componentes deste blogue que eu consigo manter minimamente regular. Por isso é com um largo sorriso nos lábios que partilho convosco a última edição do ano do Late Nite Lounge. No stereo está o meu novo cantor preferido de R&B lusófono, o Dino, e também um veterano do movimento hip-hop português, um tal de Gutto.

Como prometido, o Dino & The Soulmotion voltam a pisar o Lounge com a canção “O Nomeado II”, que conta com a participação de Angela Pais. É uma música sensual, emotiva, para madrugadas deslumbrantes, e a meio da música aparece uma guitarra eléctrica que acaba com tudo. O Dino partilha este palco com Gutto e sua música “Eu Imaginei”, que conta com a participação do seu partner in crime, Boss AC. Esta música consta no primeiro album a solo do Gutto depois dele deixar os pioneiros do hip-hop lusófono, a mítica banda dos Black Company, e envergar numa carreira virada para o R&B. De certeza que não foi uma aposta em vão, ja que a sua popularidade no soul lusófono subiu considerávelmente.

Photo - Gutto during his video "Deixa Forever"

2 comments:

Bryan said...

hey man, i gotta tell you, I am dyin' here: i gotta know the lyrics to "O nomeado II". I keep wanting to sing along but I don't know how it goes.

Claudio Silva said...

Bryan, I'm on it! I'll let you know when I find it or write them myself, whichever comes first.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...