Saturday, March 20, 2010

Um ano de Caipirinhas / One year of Caipirinhas

Today marks Caipirinha Lounge’s one year birthday.

This time last year I was writing about Fernanda Porto, and everything was so new. Nothing would have prepared me for the exciting success that this website has had, or the amount of time it takes out of me, or the smiles it puts on your faces.

I’m in love with it. But mostly I’m in love with Lusophone music.

That’s the single catalyst that has kept this project alive for one year, and will keep it alive for hopefully many more. Lusophone Music. From Brazil, from Portugal, from Luanda, Maputo, Praia, Mindelo, Bissau, Dili, Lisbon, Bahia, Recife, and elsewhere. With the occasional non-Portuguese song, thrown in for good measure. It’s been an exhilarating adventure, thanks especially to you, reader, that spend your time perusing the site, reading my random thoughts, and downloading the music.

I think there are people out there to which music means a lot more than just notes and melody...to which music means the world. I suspect I might be one of those people.

Long live the Lounge!

*And to celebrate, the Mixtape...

Hoje o Caipirinha Lounge completa um ano de vida.

Neste dia em 2009, estava eu a escrever sobre a Fernanda Porto, no primeiro post deste longo projecto sem fim. Tudo era novo. Nada podia ter me preparado para esta aventura que se tornou o Lounge, em que não só conheci lindas músicas mas também lindas pessoas, músicos e artistas, que sustentam esta paixão.

Estou apaixonado pelo Lounge e tudo o que resultou dele. Mas mais ainda, estou apaixonado pela música lusófona.

Ha gente que nasce apaixonada pela música, talvez um pouco mais que o normal. Creio que me incluo neste grupo.

É a música que me faz voltar aqui vez após vez, e que sustentou este blog por um ano, e o sustentará, quem sabe, por muitos mais. A música. Do Brasil, Portugal, Luadna, Maputo, Praia, Mindelo, Bissau, Dili, Lisbon, Bahia, Recife, e por aí em diante. E de vez em quando, uma música não lusófona para apimentar um pouco as coisas. Tem sido uma aventura doce, revigorante, graças a ti, caro leitor, que gastas o teu tempo a ler o que escrevo e a ouvir esta linda música.

Longa vida ao Lounge!


*E para celebrar, a Mixtape...

4 comments:

Becca said...

Parabems!!! Thanks for keeping me connected to both the country (Angola) and music I love!! After spending a year working in Benguela I fell in love with many things ;) To be able to keep in touch even though I'm back in my home state of NJ has been something I am very thankful for!!
Obrigada :)

Claudio Silva said...

Benguela, provincia maravilhosa. Que saudades! Many thanks for the kind words Becca, happy to know you're enjoying the music and that you enjoyed Benguela :)

mito. said...

hi claudio, keep on doing what you're doing here at the lounge!
thanks, to von zzzeitkritik

Claudio Silva said...

Thanks Mito, hope you keep coming back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...