Friday, November 5, 2010

Scenes from a memorable performance: Luísa Maita's Encore

Last night I had the unique pleasure of seeing Luísa Maita perform live at the Bohemian Caverns in downtown DC, and it was a marvelous concert. It was my first time at that particular venue and the interior is actually modeled to look like a cavern, complete with faux-stone walls and low ceilings. Nonetheless the atmosphere was intimate and perfect for the type of music played by "the new voice of Brazil", as NPR likes to call her. I had the chance to meet and have a fruitful chat with both Luísa Maita and Cumbancha's Director of Marketing & Promotion Simeon Chapin, both wonderful people who I hope have the brightest and most successful of times ahead of them. The tour continues along the Eastern US, and tonight Luísa hits up Philadelphia!

Below is a scene from Luísa's DOUBLE encore: Lero-Lero, the most applauded song of the night. The video is by Cumbancha, for I forgot my camera :(

2 comments:

Moonrock said...

I saw her Friday night in Philly and she was great! I thought she sounded even better live than on record and her backing band were fantastic. Thanks for the head's up since I wouldn't have had any idea she was in my hometown if it weren't for your blog.

Unknown said...

esse som eh do c....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...