Sunday, August 15, 2010

Late Nite Lounge Vol. 27 - Breathe, by Telepopmusik

I think this might just be my favorite late night song. I was introduced to it by my friend Daniel Revel during my first years at Boston University and it's been with me ever since; I always include it on playlists that I make for my friends. Breathe is perhaps Télépopmusik's most popular song, and was understandably nominated for a Grammy Award in 2004. Télépopmusik, an exciting French electronic music trio, is made up of 2 Square (Stephan Haeri), Fabrice Dumont, and Cristophe Hetier. They're true masters at capturing that loungey feel, and the relaxed, sophisticated soft house track featured here is an electronica lover's bliss. Scottish singer Angela McCluskey is responsible for the song's breathy, deliciously sultry vocals, and she contributes to other tracks in Telépopmusik's acclaimed debut album, Genetic World. Press play and let your soul float...

Breathe

Custa-me escolhere entre preferidos, mas creio mesmo que Breathe é o meu late night brinde (som) preferido. Foi o meu kamba Daniel Revel que me introduziu à esta música nos meus primeiros anos na Universidade de Boston, e a música tem estado comigo desde lá. Sempre que faço playlists para os meus mais chegados, incluo esta delícia. É talvez a música mais popular dos Télépopmusik e foi nomeada para um Grammy em 1994. Télépopmusik é um trio francês bastante criativo, composto pelo 2 Square (Stephan Haeri), o Fabrice Dumont, e o Cristophe Hetier. São mestres em capturar aquela vibe do lounge, relaxada e sofisticada, tal como a canção aqui destacada. Uma verdadeira gema para aqueles que disfrutam da electronica. A cantora escocesa Angela McCluskey é quem nos porporciona as deliciosas, ofegantes vocais neste e outros sons do album Genetic World, o primeiro dos Télépop. Carrega no play e deixa a tua alma flutuar...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your site through hypem.com! Thanks so much for the post. I had never heard of Telepopmusik til now so thanks for making it available. I was actually looking for similar music to the Brazilian Girls and this popped up. Featuring them on a post on my blog for today. Check it out if you like. Thanks!!!

Claudio Silva said...

Im glad you enjoyed it, this song is something else. I consider it their best song to date.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...